Saturday, July 11, 2009

what a week...

My Mom and my half brother, my Sister and my niece all came down for a visit. My son who is now 2 is two months older then my baby brother. After a week with the two of them, I'm not sure how my mother hasn't harmed this child. He is SO bad. Gets away with EVERYTHING, I'm sorry but my children do not run around chilies, or applebees, anywhere, they are good at restaurants. Not my baby bro Jax, he is a nightmare, and my mother allows it. It took everything in my power not to spank him when we went out to breakfast.... I will never go out to eat with them again... well at least not anytime soon. My mother raised us (me, my sister and my other brother) to be well behaved, to speak when spoken too, to use our manners, to say please and thank you. My 2 year old does it, why my 2 year old brother doesn't do it drives me freaking crazy. My sister was also getting frustrated with them. Thank goodness I wasn't the only one.

It kind of really sucks though, because my kids will never have a grandma, their grandma will be too busy being a mom and chasing after Jax to ever really be a grandma. No weekends at her house, no summer vacations, nothing.... And that really makes me sad. I had always thought then when I had kids my parents would be involved with their lives, take them to story time, watch them once in a while, hang out with them and us and get to know them. But my mom got knocked up and now has Jax and that's never gonna happen. Yes they have my dad, but he's not the "lets go fishing" grandpa.... I don't know maybe when my kids are older he'll be different with them.... Is it wrong for me to be slightly upset with my mother for having more children? For not being a grandmother to my kids? We used to be so close, but since Jax she doesn't even have time for a ten minute phone call and yes that hurts. I'm her daughter, yea I'm 27 but there are still times I want my mom, or I want to call her and tell her that Ella started walking around the furniture and can say mama at 7 months, or that Henry can now count to 5.... But she has no time to talk to me, she's always rushing me off the phone to chases Jax... I know lame of me to want my mother... but I do... Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment